Facing the truth, the diet of almost every American citizen is simply sad. Each one of us consumes fast foods, easily prepared and quick foods, genetically modified and fast foods, and with this our body is going through very much in a single day!
The harmful ingredients contained in these foods are not the only problem, but also how these foods are affecting our pH levels in our body as well.
The consumption of these foods will put your body through a lot, and from an alkaline environment as our body should be, it will become an acidic environment, which is perfect for many diseases.
We become more prone to diseases, because our body’s pH levels drastically change as we eat this junk food, from normal alkaline level to very harmful acidic level.
Even if you don’t care too much for the pH levels in your body, you can consume these foods because they are able to provide miraculous changes in your life and your overall well being as well.
Top 5 Alkaline Foods
Every type of melon is around 8.5 pH level, and the melons are also alkaline, therefore they are great colon cleansers. Due to its richness in fiber and the water content which is 92%, water melon is simply perfect!
2. Swiss Chard
There are many anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties contained in the Swiss Chard, it is also a very alkaline food, and can easily get rid of free radicals in your body.
3. Olive Oil
This is one of the most used oils all around the world, and it is a rich source of monounsaturated fat acids and vitamin E.
Do you want to replace the wheat? Then the best choice would be buckwheat. It is able to improve your energy levels, and it is perfect to start the day, also it will prevent from cardiovascular diseases.
5. Flax Seed
The flax seeds are a rich source of vitamin E and fiber as well. They are an alkaline food that has the ability to hot flash in menopausal women and decrease inflammation easily.
Some other good alkaline foods:
- Broccoli -- Lowers the cholesterol
- Garlic -- Regulates high blood pressure
- Carrots -- Improve eyesight, due to its richness in beta-carotene
- Berries -- Rich source of antioxidants
- Bananas -- Considered to be a super food, when they are ripe
- Avocado -- Improves heart health, due to the richness in monounsaturated fats
- Lemons -- Prevent from coughs and flu, and are one of the most alkalizing foods
- Alfalfa Sprouts -- Keep hormone balance, rich in enzymes and aid digestion
- Pineapple -- Promotes weight loss
- Grapes -- Lower the blood pressure and are rich in antioxidants and vitamins
- Cucumber -- 90% water and improves skin health
- Quinoa -- Maintains healthy blood sugar
- Seaweeds -- Reduce acid levels in our body and are a rich source of iron
- Grapefruit -- Rich source of vitamin C and vitamin A
- Cauliflower -- Healthy and can be included in bread
- Sauerkraut -- Rich in probiotics
- Brussels Sprouts -- Prevent from cancer
- Papaya -- Cleanses the colon, it is also a natural laxative
- Oranges -- Prevent and treat cold
- Spinach -- Packed with a lot of vitamins
- Mango -- Great colon cleanser
- Parsley -- Cleanses our intestines