In today’s world being vegan or a vegetarian is a huge hype. A lot of buzz is going on around getting rid of meat completely and only being on a plant-based diet. Some people are doing this because they want to live healthier, and some do it because it is one of the most popular things.
However, the reason why people are doing it does not matter, what matters is if one starts living this way, many health benefits will be provided if that individual completely eliminates meat from the diet. One of the biggest health benefits will be provided if you say no to you favorite juicy steak!
As longer as you keep it this way, the more benefits that will be provided, and more changes will be notable. These benefits might be increased energy levels, reduced risk of a heart disease, losing some weight and many others. And here is one of the most important things that will happen once you’ve stopped consuming meat.
1. If you enjoy consuming processed foods, you love cheese, your juicy steak and meat, then the chances of inflammation for you are highly increased!
It is completely normal to experience a short-term inflammation, and sometimes it is necessary, but experiencing inflammation for a couple of months or even years is not at all!
The diets that are only plant-based and don’t contain meat, are rich in fiber, many other phytonutrients and are natural anti-inflammatories. Everybody that is dealing with inflammation can soothe it and treat it only with the consumption of veggies and fruits.
2. The main risk or the thing that triggers a stroke or a heart disease is the high blood pressure. Our cholesterol levels are rapidly increased as we consume meat, because the saturated fat inside it is responsible for it.
Your cholesterol levels normalize when you stop the consumption of meat. According to many researches, your cholesterol levels decrease by 35% when you start a plant-based diet.
But before you go fully on a plant-based diet, it would be wise to consult yourself with your doctor or a health specialist, especially if you are taking some medications!
3. One of the most crucial part for our overall health are the microorganisms that live in our body. But we are ruining the conditions for these microorganisms as we consume meat, therefore increasing the risk of cancer.
The microorganisms are the ones that train our immune system, training our genes off and on, help us digest our foods, produce the critical nutrients and prevent from cancer.
The green veggies and fruits are the ones that will form a healthy intestinal microbiome. We can increase the amount of good bacteria inside our gut, only with the intake of the fiber that is contained in veggies and fruits.
4. Totally eliminating meat out of your diet will make a huge change in your gene’s functions and how they work. The genes might be turned off and on, also from the environment where we live and the lifestyle we live.
Making some bigger changes, such as going fully plant-based, the cancer genes will be turned off, especially the ones that had prostate cancer!
5. According to the latest researches 38% of the American population are already in the state of prediabetes. The risk of developing type 2 diabetes is rapidly increased by the animal protein, mostly from red meat!
Also these researches have concluded that vegans have two times reduced risk of developing diabetes than the omnivores.
6. Mostly people are consuming meat because they think they need the protein that is inside the meat, but that protein is in fact the thing that is harmful for us, that is turning into waste very easily and causing a lot of damage to our overall health.
You can protect yourself from numerous chronic diseases with the intake of the protein found in the plant foods. If you are on a fully plant-based diet you will not need any supplements.
7. Actually eliminating the consumption of meat completely out of your life, will make a huge change in your lifestyle, as well as for our planet Earth and the inhabitants. We all know that the animal agriculture is bad for our planet. So, not consuming meat will not only provide benefits for you, but for the planet and environment as well.