Countless health benefits can be provided from regular exercising, you can improve your emotional, physical and mental health. According to many researches, simply walking at least 15 minutes on daily basis will extend your life for about 7 years, because it is improving your health in many ways.
There was a study in which 69 volunteers were included, and they were all between 30 and 60 years old. The researchers concluded that the ones who were exercising regularly or at least walk every day were experiencing anti-aging benefits, compared to the ones who didn’t.
So, if you have a busy schedule and you don’t have time to go to the gym or exercise, then you should at least walk every day for at least 15 minutes to experience these anti-aging benefits and much more.
According to the 3 studies that were done by Harvard University, walking can provide some amazing effects when it comes to our heart health, such as these below:
- Among 72,488 female nurses, the risk of cardiac death or a heart attack can be decreased by an amazing 35%, and the risk of a stroke can be decreased by 34%, with walking about 3 hours a week.
- Among 44,452 male health professionals, the risk of a coronary artery disease can be decreased by an amazing 18%, only with walking for 30 minutes on daily basis.
- Among 10,269 male graduates on Harvard College, the death rate can be decreased by an amazing 22%, only with walking at least 9 miles on weekly basis.
Health Benefits of Walking Regularly:
1. Improved Cognitive Performance
According to many studies the cognitive performance both in adults and children can be improved with walking.
2. Lower Blood Pressure
Also the risk of high blood pressure can be reduced with moderate intensity walking, according to many scientists.
3. Improved Mobility & Pain Relief
There was an article published by The American Heart Association, in which it was reported that walking can easily relieve from muscle and joint pain, and actually improve mobility in case of a PAD (pheripheral artery disease).
4. Improved Mood
With walking for about 12 minutes, not only that you will boost your self-confidence and attentiveness, but you will also improve your mood very much.
5. Diabetes Control and Prevention
According to a study which was done by the Harvard Nurses, women are able to decrease the risk of diabetes by an amazing 30%, also burning a lot of fat in the abdominal area, only with walking for at least 30 minutes on daily basis.
6. Decrease the Risk of Cancer
According to a study done by The Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, it was proven that the risk of breast cancer can be decreased by 14% in women who walked at least 7 hours on weekly basis.
Also there was another study that was done by Harvard University, and the University of California and San Francisco, in which was proven that men who walked at least 3 hours on weekly basis, and were dealing with prostate cancer, lowered the risk of recurrence.
Follow the tips below to boost the effects and benefits from walking:
- Pick the right pace -- To burn more calories, walk 3.5 miles an hour and if you want to speed up a little bit, make your steps smaller but a lot faster.
- Wear comfy shoes -- The shoes you wear while walking should be lightweight, low-heeled and they need to have flexible soles too.
- Right body posture -- Make sure you are facing forward, your chin should be parallel to the ground, your shoulders should be back and down, and as far away from your ears as possible.
- Swing your arms -- Your arms should be bent about 90 degrees, and you should pump from your shoulders.
- Try the incline walk -- To burn more fat, try walking up and down some stairs, or at a treadmill with the incline up.
If you want to walk more take a look at these 9 guiding steps:
- Don’t go for the elevator, take the stairs.
- Walk with your friends, or go take your dog for a walk.
- Listen to a podcast while waling.
- Don’t take the car or a bus, to school or work.
- Go for a short walk after your lunch.
- To burn more calories, go for a short walk after your dinner too.
- Try the “talk and walk” meetings at your job.
- If you use the public transport, get off the bus a couple of stops before the destination you are going to.
- If you are going by car, leave your care a little bit further from the place you need to go to.
Walking can provide the best health benefits for you and your health, because it will keep you in a fit shape, your body will be in perfect posture, it will affect your physical and mental state in a positive way, it will relax your mind, and it will protect you from many health conditions and issues as well.
So, get moving now!