These days, humans are the ones that are responsible for the toxins, chemicals and stress that everybody experiences. To make sure that we maintain our well-being and overall health, it is pretty important that we detox our body from time to time. And there are some good news about that, there are thousands of natural ways to detox our body, and they are pretty relaxing, and don’t cost a lot.
The blue-green algae, known as the spirulina is a rich source of amino acids, antioxidants and enzymes. Taking a bath with some spirulina inside will not only nourish your skin, but it will also revitalize your skin. The spirulina is known for its ability to remove the toxins from our cells and replace them with some goodies from it. Therefore it is also able to relieve from fatigue and muscle aches, so you can relieve from flu if you feel that you are going down with the use of spirulina.
The spirulina has a very strong mineral base, like the Epsom salts, so when you add it to your bath it forms a process that is known as reverse osmosis. This is a process in which the toxins that are harmful for our body are eliminated from our body, and sulfates and magnesium are entering our body.
Add these ingredients into your bath:
- 1/2 cup of seasalt
- 1/2 cup of spirulina, but first you need to mix it in a cup of water
- 5 drop of an essential oil, for example grapefruit, bergamot and lime
Top 10 Reasons to Start Using Spirulina:
- The spirulina is able to detox our body, and it is commonly alternated with the chlorella.
- It is a rich source of chlorophyll, which is a powerful detoxification ingredient, it is able to eliminate pollutants and heavy metals from your bloodstream.
- It is also famous for its ability to alkalize your body, therefore boosting the function of your liver, which is highly important during the detox method.
- There are 8 milligrams of calcium contained in a tablespoon of dry spirulina, which contains more than the raw spirulina.
- It is also very rich in minerals and vitamins, such as selenium, iron, copper, zinc, manganese and vitamin E.
- It contains huge amounts of B-vitamins, including vitamin B9, B6, B3, B2 and B1 vitamin.
- It contains powerful antioxidant properties, it has one of the most powerful antioxidants in it, the beta carotene and phycocyanin, therefore preventing from any cell damage.
- Also it is very high in proteins. Actually the spirulina is made up of 62% of amino acids, so it has 4 g in a single tablespoon.
- Since it is very high in bioavailable iron, it is perfect for pregnant women and the ones that want to treat anemia.
- Also there is a very beneficial fat acid contained in the spirulina, the gamma linoleic acid. This acid is also only contained in the breastmilk, it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties.