Millions of people all across the world are affected by bone and joint pain, and these issues are not something to play with, because they are causing intense pain which prevents you from doing your everyday tasks and activities.
As the years go by, even though they are playing the most important roles of making each body movement, our knee joints are suffering a lot, and sometimes that can be the main cause for pain and other symptoms in them.
Some of these reasons below might also trigger knee pain:
- Torn Ligament
- Dislocation or old injury
- Bursitis -- Inflammation caused by frequent overuse or injury
- Gout -- Arthritis in our knees, caused by uric acid accumulation
- Osteoarthritis -- Joint pain caused by joint deterioration
- Rheumatoid arthritis -- A disorder that is chronic, and is leading to a lot of swelling and intense pain
- Poor body posture
- Tendinitis -- You can feel this type of pain only when walking up an incline, climbing or moving
Ruth Frechman is a registered dietitian, and he is also the spokesperson of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and he claims that the diet we are on is playing a very important role when it comes to treating the pain in our joints. Also he said:
“Eat healthy, include many whole grains, seeds, nuts, veggies and fruits in your everyday diet.”
R. Frechman added:
“You can relieve the joints from pressure and stress, by maintaining your body weight around the normal.”
These foods that you are about to see below are very effective in relieving from joint pain and treating inflammation:
- Cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli -- They are able to slow down the cartilage damage done to our knees, from osteoarthritis, due to their richness in sulforaphane.
- Vitamin C -- Foods that are high in vitamin C, such as cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, and kiwi, they contain a lot of vitamin C antioxidants, therefore being able to decrease the risk of knee pain and slow down the OA progression.
- Turmeric -- You can relieve from chronic inflammation caused by joint diseases, with the use of turmeric, because it is rich in curcumin.
- Tart Cherries -- Can fight against arthritis and soothe joint pain, due to their richness in anthocyanins.
- Garlic -- You can treat many diseases such as arthritis and decrease the cartilage-damaging effects of the enzymes, due to its richness in diallyl disulfide.
- Fatty fish, like mackerel, trout, salmon and tuna -- You can soothe an inflammation, due to their richness in omega-3 fatty acids.
If you want to prevent from joint and knee pain, make sure you follow the couple of steps below:
- Stretching exercises
- Lose some extra weight
- When lifting heavy objects, use knee braces
- Walk at least 1 hour on daily basis, or go for a bike ride or go for a swim
- Make sure the shoes you wear are comfortable and they have a good quality
- Make sure you are not sitting or standing for very long periods
- If you still feel the pain, then go for a physical therapy
We have a perfect natural remedy for you, which will help you to rebuild your joints and bones, as well as soothe your knee pain.
- 3 tablespoons of raisins
- 4 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 8 tablespoons of flax seed
- 40 grams of pumpkin seeds
- 200 grams of honey
- tablespoons of unflavored gelatin
Put all of the ingredients together in your blender, and blend until the mixture is homogeneous. Then store it in a container and let it stay in the refrigerator.
You should only take 2 times on daily basis of this remedy (1 teaspoon), before your breakfast and lunch meals. With this remedy you will manage to strengthen your tendons and ligaments, as well as relieve from the discomfort and pain.