Elevated levels of uric acid in our body, can easily lead to its crystallization in our joints, and this condition is called gout. Gout is a type of arthritis, which can lead to a lot of pain and inflammation. Postmenopausal women and men have increased risk of developing gout.
Mostly this condition is followed with symptoms like, redness, pain, and swelling in the area of some joints and our big toe.
Most commonly the gout is triggered by a diet that is filled with hydrogenated fats and carbs, acidic system, obesity, a lot of stress, alcohol, insulin resistance, increased blood pressure, kidney disease and insulin resistance.
It is better to treat this condition naturally, because treating it with the anti-inflammatory, non-steroidal drugs you are exposing yourself to many other health risks.
Also the levels of uric acid in our body are increased when we consume too much foods that are rich in purine like peas, oily fish, red meat, sardines, salmon, lentils, herring and beans, as well as the consumption of fizzy drinks, alcohol and juices that contain a lot of fructose.
Here are a few tips that will help you prevent from this condition, and even treat it:
- Drink a lot of water, that way you will eliminate the uric acid from your body.
- You will regulate the uric acid levels, by consuming a mixture of a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (unfiltered, organic) in a glass of water, on daily basis that way you will also alkalize your body.
- Avoid high-purine and protein-rich foods.
- Lemon juice is one of the best thing to consume if you want to reduce the swelling and gout pain, because it is alkalizing your body and it is lowering the acid levels.
- Apples are rich in malic acid, therefore they are able to reduce the uric acid levels.
- You can normalize your insulin levels and levels of uric acid in your body, by exercising regularly, you will also reduce the severity and frequency of flare-ups.
- Consume more fruits and veggies every day, eat more brown rice, sweet potatoes, amaranth and celery.
- Consume more ginger and turmeric, because they contain one of the strongest anti-inflammatory abilities.
- Bananas are a potassium-rich food, which can turn the uric crystals in liquid, and eliminate them through our urine. Also the banana is rich in vitamin C, which means it can soothe and reduce the swelling and pain.
- Consume more cherries, prunes, and pineapples, because they are able to remove uric acid from your body.
- Reduce the swelling caused from the gout, with a cold therapy.
- Increase the intake of blackberries, bilberries and blueberries, because they are able to reduce the uric acid levels, due to their richness in bioflavonoids.
- The Epsom salts contain a lot of magnesium, therefore they are able to reduce our blood pressure. You can relieve from the swelling and pain, by soaking yourself in a warm bath with Epsom salts.
- Avoid the intake of cheese and beer.
- You can soothe the effects of the gout, with the use of activated charcoal, because it is absorbing the uric acid. Adding 1/2 a cup of charcoal powder into your warm bath, will solve this issue.