Lunches are simple, dinner are do-able, but consuming only healthy snacks can be quite a challenge. When people are trying to stay on their healthy diet, they mostly fail when it comes to their snack choices. The lunches and the dinners are the main meals which you’ve planned before, but the snacks are a quick decision you have made, and that decision is based on convenience, if the cupcake looks too delicious you won’t be able to avoid it.
But, that’s the way it is supposed to be.
Actually you can prepare your snacks before, just like you do your meals, and it will make a huge difference, and you will be surprised. The best thing to do is, to satisfy your cravings with natural products, and enjoy that snack at the same time. That way the fast foods will no longer be a distraction for you.
You can give these keto-friendly chocolatey crunch bars if you are looking for a snack that will stop the cravings for salty and sweet!
Keto-Friendly Chocolatey Crunch Bar Recipe
This is a recipe for the most delicious crunch bars ever, they are a mix of seeds, crunchy nuts and chocolate, but there isn’t any refined sugar in it. The foods that are used inside are natural, such as unprocessed chocolate alternative, coconut oil and cacao powder. You will be able to make these crunch bars 100% keto-friendly if you use monk fruit sweetener, or you can use sake, or even pure maple syrup as well.
The best part of these crunch bars is that you can customize their flavor for your own taste, you can swap seeds and nuts, and nut butters of course. Once you try this snack, you will make some more so you have it in advance.
Homemade Chocolate Spread Ingredients:
- 100% pure Maple Syrup / 1/3 cup Monk Fruit sweetener
- 1/2 cup of Cacao Powder
- A cup of Coconut Oil
- Put all of the ingredients in a saucepan, and put it on very low heat so that they melt together. Make sure you stir gently.
- Once the ingredients are melted and they made a homogeneous mixture, you can take the mixture out of the saucepan and leave it on room temperature so it gets harder.
Note: Put the chocolate in the freezer if you want to make the full recipe another day. If not, then read below and continue with the crunch bars.
Crunch Bar Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup of monk fruit sweetener/100% maple syrup
- 3 cups mixed nuts and seeds, of course at your own choice (hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, sesame, hemp, flax, pumpkin, etc)
- A cup of Almond Butter (you can replace it with another nut butter, like cashew butter)
- Put a saucepan on low heat, then add the coconut oil, the sweetener and the butter.
- Then when the ingredients melted together, add the mixture of seeds and nuts and stir.
- Then add the chocolate as well, and stir until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Then put the mixture into a baking pan, cover the pan and put it in the freezer (2 hours minimum). Before putting it in the freezer, use a knife to cut them into cubes before they freeze.
- And whenever you want to grab a snack, grab a cube and enjoy it. But in order to eat it, it is better to leave it for about 15 minutes to melt on room temperature. Don’t use the microwave to defrost the cube!