Give this wonderful recipe a try, if you never had any zucchini fritters!
These fritters are perfect for sneaking in some veggies, they are very low in calories, and the best part is that they are very easy to prepare. This is recipe for the most delicious zucchini fritters, that even the pickiest food lovers will adore them. Besides that they are very healthy for you, they have the right flavors and they taste wonderful. Usually when people give it a try, they make it their number one favorite. This recipe will please both children and adults, so give it a try and let us know what you think!
Zucchini Fritter with Avocado Dill Dip
This is a recipe that is very easy to prepare, so it would be perfect for a potluck or a picnic. Everybody will like it and will ask you for the recipe too!
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 cup of gluten-free flour
- 2 organic eggs/flax egg
- A tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of fresh oregano ditto
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil
- A garlic clove (minced and peeled)
- A large zucchini (or 2 smaller pieces)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh dill
- A ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vegenaise
- Salt to taste
- Grate the zucchini with the large holes of the box grater. Put the grated zuchini in a colander and add the salt. Let it sit for about 10 minutes or so, and then you use a kitchen towel to remove the moisture from the zucchini. Add the zucchini in a large bowl along with the onion powder, lemon zest, oregano, basil, garlic, egg, pepper and salt. Create a homogeneous mixture, then add the flour slowly to make sure you don’t make any lumps.
- Get a large saucepan and add a little bit of olive oil or coconut oil and put it on medium heat, and then when the oil sizzles you can add a little bit from the mixture in the pan. You should put about 2 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture in the pan, make sure they are a couple of inches apart from each other.
- Cook the zucchini fritters for about 2-3 minutes until they get a golden color. Then lower the heat a little bit and turn them on the other side, another 2-3 minutes. Then get the fritters and put them in a larger plate, and make sure they stay warm. Cook the rest of the mixture and add oil in the pan if you need to.
Note: Add 1/2 cup of chopped spinach or kale if you want more vegetables in the fritters.