Dry skin is a consistent fight, after a seemingly endless period of year after year. I do everything that I can and I used to utilize various kinds of body moisturizers and even endorsed creams and balms, yet they never appeared to be useful -- also quite expensive.
I was never able to avoid a position where my skin wouldn’t be in risk of drying out. It is possible that I was outside in the the breeze, or inside with the warm air and drying me out. I tried to find a solution that wouldn’t be bad for my skin, however to be effective enough to help me soothe and heal, what was wrong with my skin.
That is the point at which I began to look for coconut oil and essential oils. For quite a while, I learned about the awesome benefits that coconut oil could provide for you, however I was feeling a bit suspicious about its impact on my skin. In some way I thought putting coconut oil on my skin that I will break out and that it would not be as beneficial and effective as the products I was using before.
Yet, I figured to put little bit of coconut oil on my facial skin before going to bed or right after getting out of the shower. After only seven days I understood exactly how wrong I was about coconut oil. As I started to learn about coconut oil, with another understanding, I started to search for different ways I could improve my skin health, but naturally, without using over the counter creams or medications.
One of the most effective natural ways to do it, was the use of essential oils. I read different sources that lectured about their abilities to heal, calm and even improve your life in many different ways. So I figured, how might I use these two extraordinary ingredients to improve the health of my skin. This is the thing that I found,which worked the best for me and I haven’t thought about anything else, ever since.
In this recipe there are 2 types of photosensitive essential oils, which means they are reacting to the sunlight. It’s of great importance to just use this body butter as a moisturizing, night-time, creamy routine, and to wash it off first thing in the morning.
Citrus Nighttime Body Butter Recipe
- 1/2 slice of organic lime
- 1/2 slice of organic lemon
- 1/2 slice of organic orange
- 4 to 5 drops of lemon essential oil
- 4 to 5 drops of orange essential oil
- A cup of organic coconut oil
- Put the coconut oil in a pan, and put it on low heat to warm for about 20 seconds, and becomes soft. Once the oil melts, put it in a bowl where you can mix it, in order to make all lumps dissolve. Next add the fruit slices in it and stir well.
- Once you’ve added the fruits, put the essential oils inside as well, and stir well to make sure everything is combined good. Make sure that the coconut oil is not overheated when you add the essential oils. To harden the mixture, put it in the fridge for a while. Once you’re able to make a indent with your finger in it, it is hard enough and you can take it out of the fridge.
- Then put the mixture in a blender, and blend until the mixture is homogeneous and fluffy. Once you’ve reached your desired consistency, you have prepared the butter recipe. Then transfer it in a jar, and put it someplace colder, in order to keep it solid and the oil won’t be able to melt.
And that’s about it, with this simple recipe. Keep using this citrus body butter, in order to have a fresh, moisturized and smooth skin!