When we eat fatty and processed foods, our body gets bogged and farigued with the toxin accumulation in our liver and kidneys. The primary organ in our body that is in charge of separating the toxins and use the fat is our liver. With a loaded liver, our kidneys may likewise experience the suffering of a blood toxicity, causing poisonous build-ups that lead to infections and diseases.
A standout among the most ideal ways that we can support our kidney and liver functions to detox, is by devouring bitter herbs and veggies. A lot of people are not fans of the bitter vegetables, and simply love the sweet fruits, but with this they are missing the benefits of the bitter ones.
The bitter taste is regularly connected with poisoning chemical constituents, for example, the alkaloids in plants. This bitter taste is intended to prevent animals from eating them. In any case, eating little amounts of these bitter foods are fundamental for healing. Indeed, even the animals know to eat bitter foods when they are not feeling good.
Why Eat Bitters?
Despite the fact that the bitter plant foods that I will be mentioning below in the article, have a huge number of medicinal and nutritional properties, the bitter taste is the one that activates many important physiological responses in our body.
- Consuming bitter foods, particularly bittermelon, can be useful in eliminating kidney stones from our body, through breaking them naturally. Bittermelon decreases elevated acidity that adds to development of very painful kidney stones.
- Bitter foods are brilliant in improving gallbladder and liver functions by detoxifying poisons that commonly cause diseases and inflammation.
- The endocrine gland’s functions are supported by bitter foods, they help to balance low blood sugar levels and hormone levels as well. This makes bitters an essential expansion to a diabetic’s eating regimen.
- Bitter foods are alkaline, and are very effective in decreasing the acidity in our body. An acidic body is increasingly inclined to “have” parasites and infections that cause other more serious diseases.
- Bitter foods are stimulating the serotonin secretion in our stomach that is protecting ulcers, with this it is clear that it helps in case of ulcers, and heals them.
- Bitter foods strengthen normal digestive signals and improve the appetite. Because of better nutrient absorption, eating your meals with some bitter flavoring will assist you with feeling of satiety and will prevent from overeating, therefore preventing from weight gain. At the end of the day, eating bitter foods might be useful for maintaining your weight.
- Bitter foods improve gut flora, heal leaky gut, reduce food sensitivity reactions, and improve regularity and digestion as well. We need to keep in mind that we need to maintain the health of our digestive system, in order to have a healthy body.
- Bitter foods are stimulating the digestive acid secretion in order to improve food digestion and nutrient absroption. People experiencing acid reflux may profit by consuming some bitter foods, before a meal to encourage stomach acid, in order to have a better digestion.
How Bitter Foods Improve Digestion
As referenced over, the bitter plant foods have numerous medicinal and nutritional properties. In any case, so as to completely profit by what the bitter taste can do, it is important to really taste the bitterness that enacts the hormones and neural reflexes released because of stimulating the bitter taste receptors.
Try not to mask the bitter taste with some sweeteners like honey, as that just eliminates the purpose of bitter foods. Additionally, by expending the bitters in pills and capsules, you are missing out their enormous health advantages.
In the event that you need to benefit by every one of the advantages that bitters give, at that point it would appear that you should obtain the flavor of bitter. Also, whenever you eat a bitter food, keep in mind what bitter foods are capable of doing for you.
There are many bitter veggies that you can consume juiced, cooked or raw. We will gibe you a list of the best bitter foods: watercress, Swiss chard, endive, radicchio, purslane, spinach, kale, dandelion, bittergourd, beet greens and arugula.
Bitter herbs are: milk thistle, gentian root, dill, dandelion root, chicory root, and burdock leaf.
How to Drink Bittergourd Juice to Break Down Kidney Stones?
Make bittergourd juice and try drinking around 6 ounces of it on daily basis for one month straight, if you want to break down kidney stones. The stones in the kidneys will be broken down and the body will get rid of them through urination.
Below you have a recipe, how you can prepare yourself a bitergourd juice, and this recipe is about 5-6 ounces.
- A tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil (bitter)
- 1/4 organic lemon peel
- Take about 3 pieces of big bitergourd, or about 6-8 pieces of small bitergourd. Wash the and remove the seeds.
Juice the lemon and bittergourd, at that point include a tablespoon of olive oil. Utilize a small blender to mix the olive oil into the juice and drink it. Or mix in the olive oil and drink the juice aswell. Do this consistently, drink a lot of water, and after the third day you should feel stones being disposed through your urination.