The local must-have desert when going on a trip to Florida is the key lime pie. This desert has become so popular, that now it has its own festival. 2019 is the year that marked the 8th Florida Key Lime Pie festival, where fans, locals and tourists have the opportunity to celebrate this official state pie!
But Floridians are not the only ones that are going crazy for this pie, but also this desert is the favorite and most recognized all over America, and it is considered to be the most famous desert in the U.S. The fans of this desert are in a never ending debate about the toppings, crusts and whether the filling should be cooked or uncooked. With the countless variations created of this desert, the question is till the same, “What is the authentic version of the Key Lime Pie?”
Whatever your preference is, nothing is as fulfilling as the delicious key lime treats. Presenting another turn on the exemplary is key lime pound cake. This delightful cake can be made with gobs of sugar or with an a lot littler portion of sugar substitute. Both are ensured to fulfill your key lime desiring, yet one might be simpler on your body. To evade a sugar surge and prompt accident from simply perusing the elements of the sugar-substantial cake… here is the lighter adaptation to ease you in from Swerve Sweet:
Key Lime Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of key lime zest
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed key lime juice
- 4 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of room temperature butter
- 8 oz of room temperature cream cheese
- Use a hand mixer to beat the butter and cream cheese in a larger bowl, until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar and then mix again until you get a fluffy and smooth mixture.
- Then you can add the vanilla, zest and lime juice until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Ice cake.
Note: Don’t be surprised if you see that the recipe is making more icing than you expect. Once you’ve made your cake like you want it, the excess icing can be also used as a serving along with the cake slices.
Key Lime Pound Cake
- A teaspoon of vanilla
- 4 teaspoons of minced key lime zest
- 1/4 cup of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup of fresh key lime juice
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 6 large room temperature eggs
- 3 cups of sugar
- A pound of room temperature stick butter
- Beat the butter until it becomes fluffy and light. Then you can add the sugar, and mix until you get a homogeneous mixture.
Note: To make sure that the ingredients are well mixed, so it is best to use a mixer. Mix it for about 10 minutes or so.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Make sure that you mix the eggs until the yolk disappears.
- In another bowl mix the vanilla, lime zest, milk and the juice all together.
- Mixing with a hand mixer, add the flour in the bowl with the butter, and then add the other mixture in the same bowl.
Note: Nobody likes a tough pound cake. To make sure you get the best consistency, make sure you mix the flour well. Mix it enough to get a homogeneous mixture.
- Get a pan, pour the mixture inside, and tap the pan to make sure there aren’t any air bubbles, and also make sure that the mixture is even at all sides of the pan.
- Then bake it for 1h and 45 minutes on 300 degrees Fahrenheit, or until the middle of the cake is cooked well.
- Let it cool down for a while, and put it in a pan to cooling rack, allow it for another hour to cool down completely.
Lightened Up Key Lime Cake
- 2 teaspoons of key lime zest
- 1/3 cup of key lime juice
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup preferred sugar substitute (like Stevia, Swerve Sweetener)
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 3 & 1/2 cups of almond flour
- Mix the salt, baking powder, coconut oil and almond flour all together.
- Then beat the butter and sugar substitute, until the mixture is fluffy and light. beat in the eggs as well.
- Once the mixture is well mixed, add 1/2 of the almond flour mixture. Beat the lime zest, lime juice and the almond milk inside too. Beat the other half of the almond flour mixture.
- Get a 9×5 well greased pan, and put the mixture inside it, and let it sit for about 45 minutes.
- Use a foil to cover the mixture, and then bake it on 325 degrees Fahrenheit for at least one hour, or until the edges become golden brown, and the top is firm to touch. Check the middle to make sure it is cooked well.
- Let the cake to cool down for about 15 minutes. Once it is cooled down, flip it on a baking rack to cool it from the other side.
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of key lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of preferred all natural confectioner’s sugar (like Powdered Stevia, Swerve Confectioner)
Mix together the lime juice and confectioner sugar until the mixture is smooth. Once the cake is cooled down, put it on top of it as you like it.