The summer time can mean only two things, people who love sugary snacks are always craving for something chocolatey and cold!
Number two, nobody wants to spend a lot of time on complicated recipes.
That is why we want to present you these banana bites, which can be your everyday snack during the summer and still be healthy. They are naturally sweetened, gluten-free and they are vegan.
Note: For people who are allergic to peanuts, can use some other seed or nut butter.
This is the healthiest snack you can have, which can be shared with everyone, of course it it lasts long enough to be passed around.
Is Peanut Butter Really Healthy?
In its natural form, the peanut butter is relatively unprocessed. It is only peanuts, salted, roasted, and then made into paste. Most of the commercial peanut butter brands have trans fats, hydrogenated oils and sugar.
So the healthy benefits of the natural peanut butter are:
- Rich in antioxidants
- Rich in zinc, iron and magnesium
- Rich in Vitamin B3 and B6
- Rich in healthy fats
- Low in carbohydrates
- Rich source of protein
What are the Benefits of Bananas?
Bananas are told to be causing indigestion and weight gain, but they have a high nutritious profile. Bananas might be considered one of the top superfoods in the world. In the early years of the 20th century, American Medical Association pronounced bananas as the healthiest food for children. Even they recommended it for the treatment of celiac disease (this was before the gluten was discovered).
Bananas are a rich source of:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
The high content of potassium in bananas is highly beneficial for maintaining the heart health. It is supporting the flushing process of excess sodium from the body, and also it reduces pressure in the blood vessel walls.
In a study 24 participant’s weight changes were followed from this fruit. It was proven then that the higher consumption of the fruit, and other veggies and fruits, led to losing weight.
Is Chocolate Good for You?
In moderate amounts, the chocolate can be highly beneficial for you, and for your cardiovascular system. Since the cocoa beans are a rich source of many nutrients, therefore the higher the cocoa content in any product is, the more beneficial it is for your health.
But, there are many chocolate products that are highly processed and are missing these health benefits:
- Flavanols, which are improving blood flow to the heart and the brain, and lower blood pressure
- Antioxidants, which are protecting the body from free radicals
- Flavonoids, which are repairing cell damage
Almost everyone’s “mood food” is chocolate, for no reason. It is high in polyphenols, which are improving anxiety, depression and symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Chocolate -- Dipped Peanut Butter Banana Bites
This recipe is very adaptable. You can take a stab at dunking the bananas in fragmented nuts or coconut for a fun variety. In case you’re a major fanatic of PB&J, layer a teaspoon of strawberry or raspberry jam over the nutty spread. Tired of locally acquired? Attempt this 3 ingredient strawberry chia seed jam.
This makes this tidbit ideal for after-school yearnings, however on the off chance that you lean toward a fancier methodology, sprinkle the chocolate over the bananas and serve them as a quick dessert.
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of natural peanut butter (or any seed or nut butter)
- 2 -- 3 sliced bananas
If you’re hoping to dial down the sweetness make sure to use unsweetened dark chocolate chips. On the off chance that you’d like something sweet, however need to maintain a strategic distance from the sugar, have a go at searching for ones that utilization low-calorie natural sugars like stevia, monk fruit, erythritol or allulose. You can likewise make your very own with this recipe!
- Spread around two teaspoons of peanut butter between two banana slices.
- Put the majority of the banana ‘sandwiches’ on a baking pan fixed with parchment paper. Freeze for about an hour. This makes the bananas easier to dip in chocolate.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for around 15–30 seconds, mixing the chocolate in the middle of every addition until melted. Include a drop of oil if the chocolate starts to bunch, and mix it until smooth.
- Plunge half of every banana chomp into the melted chocolate and put it back onto the baking pan.
- Freeze the container until the banana sandwiches are totally frozen, and enjoy them!
- Store any remains in the freezer in a sealed container.