Wrap some savory bacon around tangy pineapple, for the best smoky sweet snack!
If you’re looking for the perfect combination of savory and sweet, this bacon-wrapped pineapple is the best choice! The bite-sized servings are the perfect appetizers for your backyard party or barbecue. They’re delicious in any time of the year, it is a sure-fire hit that requires very little preparation.
When it comes to bacon, make sure that you’re using a thick-cut type that is pasture-raised and doesn’t have added preservatives and sugars. Using thick-cut bacon will also prevent the bacon from falling apart too quickly, giving the pineapple ample some time to caramelize while it’s baking.
For the pineapple, fresh is always best, and it is less mushy and often firmer than most of the canned types. They are also adding a dose of anti-inflammatory benefits, and are the perfect source of gut-healing enzymes.
The last touch is the maple-Dijon coat on top that offers a normally sweet and tart flavor. In case you’re needing to combine it close by other grill entrées, give sprinkling a shot a touch of smoked paprika before hurling in the broiler. You can likewise sprinkle on a touch of coconut sugar to knock up the sweetness or pick something with more warmth like cayenne pepper.
To begin, wrap the individual bacon parts around each solid shape of pineapple. Secure with a toothpick and spot onto a material lined heating sheet. The material paper will gather any consumed pieces for simple cleanup.
Next, whisk together the maple syrup and Dijon mustard in a little bowl, at that point brush it onto the highest point of each nibble. Set the chomps into the stove and let it prepare for 40 minutes or until the bacon is brilliant darker. At the point when completed, let it cool at room temperature for five minutes with the goal that the bacon can fresh up. Serve warm and enjoy!
Bacon -- Wrapped Pineapple
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Small mixing bowl
- 12 slices of thick-cut bacon, in halves
- 1 pineapple, cut in 24 cubes (1 & 1/2 inch each)
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wrap every pineapple cube with half a piece of bacon, and put it on the baking sheet, seam side on bottom.
- In another bowl, whisk the mustard and the maple syrup together, until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Brush every piece of bacon-wrapped pineapple with the mixture, and then put a toothpick in every cube.
- Bake them for 40 minutes, and then take them out of the oven. Let them cool down for about 5 minutes until they become crisp. Serve while still warm.