Quite ironically, one of the most toughest lessons in life that you have to learn are to respect and love yourself. While we do our best to be loyal friends, passionate employees, obedient children, devoted partners, hard-working co-workers, kind neighbors, we forget to nourish the main source of all that -- which is our self.
It takes courage, knowledge, and wisdom to be comfortable in your own skin, since we live in a society which keeps degrading us, and promoting unrealistic role models.
There are five traits of people who really love themselves:
- They help others and they participate in the community, without hoping for a personal gain. Self-loving individuals know that life is a big circle, and they share their own abundance. They spread their positive feelings, and they find pure joy in providing help for anyone who is in need.
- These people take care of themselves, nourish their mind and body, and they keep their working and living place organized and neat. Self-loving people know that all the education is self-education, and when you know better, you feel better about yourself, and live better.
- Self-loving individuals know that their mistakes are the most valuable lessons, and ought not be denied. They perceive issues yet don’t reprimand anybody for them. Rather, they take obligation and utilize the time and exertion to discover an answer. On the off chance that this ends up being unimaginable, they simply proceed onward. They remain behind the choices they make throughout everyday life and stay out of other people’s affairs.
- Self-loving people listen to their inner voice and are happy with themselves, when they look in the mirror, when they hit the hay around evening time, when they go into the room, all over the place. They recognize who they really are, and they center around their qualities, rather than their defects.
- They’re open minded, however stick of their own values and beliefs in life, and change them only when they have a good reason to do so. they never lower their own standards for a simple reason, and they tend to always do what they truly believe is right.
Remember this, Steve Maraboli’s quote:
The most powerful relationship you’ll ever have is the relationship with yourself. That’s the one that you set the standard for all others you will have.