Eighty six years before Seth MacFarlane’s Ted (2012) took on Hollywood by storm, A.A Milne’s Winnie the Pooh appeared in a small book of very adventurous stories, set in the Ashdown Forest.
Of course, Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin are accompanied in their adventures by a really jocund company – Tiger, Kanga, Roo, Eeyore, and Piglet, plus the wise and Rabbit, who has a brain. There is hardly a person in the world who doesn’t know them.
I cannot remember how many times I have read Pooh’s adventures since I heard of them the first time, when I was 4 or 5 years old. But, I can tell you that each time I discover a new meaning. And it is very surprising, isn’t it, a book that is originally written for kids has fascinated countless adults all around the world.
Yes, now being older than 30 I can still say that Winnie the Pooh is one of the best books I’ve read. And it has always kept my life on track. If, for example I get over confident about a thing, I always recall on the saying ‘One never can tell with bees’. Similarly, when I go to the nearby store, for my chocolate bars, I always take two, because Winnie the Pooh says, two pots of honey are better than one!
Here are the top 23 heart melting quotes you’re going to read below, which will get you thinking about the true meaning of love and friendship.
1. The things that make me different are the things that make me. – Winnie the Pooh
2. I’m not lost for I know where I am. Be that as it may, in any case, where I am might be lost.– Winnie the Pooh
3. Try not to think little of the benefit of sitting idle, of simply coming, tuning in to all the things you can’t hear, and not troubling. – Winnie the Pooh
4. A few people care excessively. I believe it’s called love. – Winnie the Pooh
5. A few people converse with creatures. Very few tune in however. That is the issue. – Winnie the Pooh
6. Waterways know this: there is no rush. We will arrive sometime in the not so distant future. – Winnie the Pooh
7. “One of the benefits of being complicated is that one is continually having amazing revelations.” – Winnie the Pooh
8. I think we dream so we don’t need to be separated for such a long time. In case we’re in one another’s fantasies, we can be as one constantly. – Winnie the Pooh
9. Be that as it may, it is difficult, said Pooh. Since verse and murmurs aren’t things which you get, they’re things which get you. And everything you can do is to go where they can discover you. – Winnie the Pooh
10. At times I sits and thinks, and once in a while I just sits. – Winnie the Pooh
11. That I am so fortunate to have something that makes bidding farewell so hard.– Winnie the Pooh
12. Because a creature is enormous, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t need generosity; anyway huge Tigger is by all accounts, recollect that he needs as much graciousness as Roo. – Winnie the Pooh
13. Piglet: How do you spell ‘love’?
Pooh: “You don’t spell it… you feel it. – Winnie the Pooh.
14. You can’t remain in your edge of the Forest trusting that others will come to you. You need to go to them now and again. – Winnie the Pooh
15. Piglet saw that despite the fact that he had an exceptionally little heart, it could hold a somewhat enormous measure of appreciation.– Winnie the Pooh
16. It’s a great deal more neighborly with two. – Winnie the Pooh
17. Love is making a couple of strides in reverse perhaps more… to offer route to the joy of the individual you love. – Winnie the Pooh
18. I was strolling along searching for someone, and afterward out of nowhere I wasn’t any longer.– Winnie the Pooh
19. Rabbit’s smart, said Pooh attentively.
Truly, said Piglet, Rabbit’s smart.
What’s more, he has Brain.
Yes, said Piglet, Rabbit has Brain.
There was a long silence. I assume, said Pooh,
than that is the reason he doesn’t understand anything. – Winnie the Pooh
20. Assuming a tree tumbled down,
Pooh, when we were underneath it?
Assuming it didn’t, said Pooh after careful thought.
Piglet was helped by this. – Winnie the Pooh
21. What day is it?
It’s today, squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day, said Pooh. – Winnie the Pooh
22. Sometimes the smallest things in your heart take the most room. – Winnie the Pooh.
23. Promise me that you will never forget:
You are braver than you believe, and a lot stronger than you seem, and much smarter than you think. – Winnie the Pooh.