There’s no such question, like do you love Morgan Freeman, because there isn’t anybody that doesn’t. We can only talk about in which films you like him the most, because this Academy-award winning Hollywood actor, has left his mark in every film he’s filmed in his career!
He’s among the best in Hollywood, and movies such as Seven, Million Dollar Baby and of course, Shawshank Redemption have claimed and conquered the hearts of millions in the audience, young and old.
Morgan Freeman is not only an actor, he is also a voice-over narrator, and producer, and he has starred in many movies and has gained a lot of awards and honors, including the lifetime achievement awards from both the Screen Actors’ Guild and the Golden Globes’ Hollywood Foreign Press.
However, he wasn’t very happy for his entire life. He was born in a very poor family, in the Jim Crow ear South, and the color of his skin was like a curse he had to carry, when the racism was rampant!
Morgan Freeman was also the youngest of five kids born to a schoolteacher and a barber. He lived on the streets and has worked some very unpleasant jobs before he became a successful actor.
From there it was from an obvious path towards delivering the Oscar-nominated performance as Nelson Mandela in the film Invictus from 2009.
But, he was very determined to do it, and that is the only reason he succeeded. So, Morgan Freeman knows a few things about defying the odds, perseverance and belief. He has simply gone from a misery life to a glorious life, and his wisdom probably comes from all the things he has seen.
Back in 2016, he was known as an integral part of the American culture – an American icon and he was bestowed the National Medal of Arts by the president of the United States, Barack Obama.
Here are the top 15 most powerful quotes by Morgan Freeman, that will make you look at things in life from an entirely different perspective:
1. Get busy living or just get busy dying!
2. Kindness in giving or thinking, forms happiness and profoundness. Kindness in saying forms a never ending love.
3. If you want to see a miracle, become one.
4. I always tell my children, if you lay down people will step over you. But, if you keep scrambling, if you just keep going, someone is always going to offer you a helping hand. Always. But you have to keep dancing, you have to keep your feet moving.
5. Don’t be different only for someone else. If you see it differently, just keep functioning that way. Always follow your own muse.
6. When you’ve made your own choice, it’s providence that is your guide. Bad, good or indifferent. Your fate lies in that!
7. I knew from a young age I wanted to become an actor. Acting was never hard for me. I don’t believe in predestination, but I believe that once we get where ever it is that we’re going, that is where we were going to be.
8. But I can say that life is good to me. Has been and still is good to me. So, I think that my task is to be good to life as well. So, the question is, how can you be good to life? You just live it!
9. Challenge yourself, that is the only way that can lead to growth.
10. Insanity is coasting through life in a very miserable existence when you have a lion that’s caged and locked inside, and the key to release that lion.
11. The best way you can guarantee a loss is to quit!
12. Was I always going to be here? Of course not. At one time I was going to be homeless, a truck driver, a taxi driver, or anything that was going to get me a slice of bread. You can never know what’s coming next.
13. A wise man once said, there are no perfect men. Only perfect intentions.
14. As long as you feel like you are a victim, then you are one.
15. Teaching yourself how to be still, to really be still and just let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance!