Most of us have potatoes in our pantry all the time, because they are very versatile and tasty as well, and they can show up in many different recipes served for our breakfasts, lunches, and sometimes as our late afternoon snacks.
But, if you think you’ve already tried each and every single recipe there is with potato, we have wonderful news for you – there’s a new potato recipe that is going to amaze you!
The recipe was described as ‘creamy caramelized coins, which melt in your mouth’, and it consists only of thick potato slices, roasted with chicken stock and butter.
This root veggie is a staple food in many homes, and there’s a reason for that. The consumption of potatoes is boosting our immune system. maintains fluid balance, decreases cholesterol and blood pressure levels, protects our skin, and improves our digestion and heart health as well!
A single potato, about the size of a fists, contains only 110 calories.
Potatoes are wealthy in supplements, for example, B6, zinc, pantothenic acid, vitamin E, vitamin C, phosphorus, potassium, and choline, and are exceptionally filling, so they can assist you with forestalling nourishment longings and get in shape.
Also, potatoes are high in cancer prevention agents that bring down the danger of ceaseless sicknesses and forestall free extreme harm, for example, flavonoids, carotenoids, and phenolic acids.
However, their advantages change contingent upon the manner in which they have been cooked. To benefit from potatoes, you ought to lean toward them simmered, pounded, jacked or in a plate of mixed greens, and abstain from browning them.
Besides, choose some healthy toppings and additives like beans, fresh herbs, tuna, and olive oil.
Now, let’s take a look at the recipe that many people say they love, and everyone should try.
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- A cup of vegetable or chicken broth
- A teaspoon of black pepper
- A teaspoon of kosher salt
- A teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh thyme leaves or fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons of melted, unsalted butter
- 2 pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced (1 inch thick)
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees F, with the rack in the upper third.
- Toss the potato slices with butter, pepper, salt, and rosemary/thyme.
- Transfer them to a 9×13 – inch metal baking dish, and arrange the slices in a single layer. Bake them for 15 minutes.
- Then flip them over, and bake them for another 15 minutes.
- When they’re done, take them out of the oven, and add the chicken or vegetable broth, and the garlic cloves as well.
- Return the pan in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Then put the potato slices in a serving platter, and make sure to pour the rest of the liquid from the pan, on top of them.
Serve them while still warm, and enjoy the delicious, caramelized, creamy coins!