Kirk Douglas is one of the world’s most notable actors and is considered to be one of the last enduring stars of the film business’ Golden Age.
Issur Danielovitch is his birth name, he was born in Amsterdam, New York, to Russian immigrant parents, who were speaking Yiddish when they were home. His inevitable life account was named “The Ragman’s Son”.
This incredible man as of late celebrated his 102 birthday with his family and his beloved wife, Anne, who is 99 years old.
The city of Amsterdam commended his birthday by divulging a noteworthy plaque marking the house where he grew up, and friends, relatives and fans at the side of East Main and Eagle streets, where the memorable marker will be set, when a post is made accessible for it.
Kirk likewise hosted a major birthday get-together, and he and his wife sat in matching wheelchairs as their caretakers arranged everything and made sure everything was all together for the festival. They were together since 1954 and had two children – Eric and Peter, but sadly their son Eric died of a drug overdose at the age of 46, that was back in 2004.
This disaster made them resolved to bring awareness about cases like this, and it finished in an honor given by Substance Abuse’s Inspiration Award and Columbia University’s Center on Addiction.
Douglas endured a crippling stroke in 1996, which disabled his talking ability, and forcefully made him suspend the career he had. But, his son, who is also an actor – Michael Douglas, reported, he didn’t surrender and kept working with his trainer.
Among the family that was celebrating in his birthday was his, daughter-in-law who is an actress, Catherine Zeta-Jones and his son he had from his first marriage, performer Michael Douglas. On Instagram, Zeta-Jones posted a moving video of Kirk hitting the dance floor with her son, while her little girl was playing the piano and was singing in the background.
His granddaughter Carys posted a throwback photograph of Kirk in his more youthful days, with a caption loaded with affection and love!
USA Today, took his birthday as an occasion to mention some things that happened on the day he was born:
- Coca-Cola presented the recipe that is still used to this day.
- Jeannette Ranking was elected to Congress by Montana, and she became the very first female representative.
- Woodrow Wilson was elected for the second time as president.
With his 102 years, he is older than:
- He was already an adult, when shopping carts were invented, that was in 1937
- When penicillin was discovered, he was only 14 years old
- Markets were still selling sliced bread, when he had 12 years
- The day he was born, is also the day when the world wide car manufacturer BMW started to exist
- The same year he was born, was also the year of the first successful blood transfusion, which was carried by the British Royal Army Medical Corps
Also we are wishing him the happiest birthday, filled with joy and laughter!